joevichich.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Welcome back Joe

I'm back in school after my time at Visteon. This semester is my last. I will have finally graduated after almost six years of college. This last studio class of mine is open for the students to decide. During my time at Visteon, I filtered through many design discipline and found some I really enjoy: user interface, user experience, systems design. So my senior thesis is to redesign the common gas station.

Look at this! It's terrible.



















I'm excited to try it out. There's a lot of potential. We have product design on the pump, interface on the payment and fuel choices, architecture for the outside, graphic design for the branding and signage. Quite a long menu. I've settled to tackle three parts of the gas station: the pump, branding and building.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

My photo
Detroit, MI, United States
I don't blog that much.