joevichich.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Logo

To avoid any corporate hubub, I'm creating my own brand. And here it is.

















It was "The Gas Cap" for a moment. You know, with a little "the" in a friendly cursive script tacked on the top left. What do you think?














I played with designing my own font but I don't have the time to do a big type study. I ended with Eurostile bold extended. My sketches were based on a rounded rectangle and this one works well. It's also a popular type to use in the automotive industry. If you have an older GM car, look at the numbers on your speedometer. There's not much a break through here I admit but I think it has a balance of contemporary and retro style.

No comments:

My photo
Detroit, MI, United States
I don't blog that much.