joevichich.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mardi Gras riot

Last night during the final hours of Carnivale, we heard what sounded like a mobile club making its way down our street on Via dei Neri. There was a truck with beer, music, and some man on a speaker shouting things. I assumed it was just some carnival parade until I saw a number of people in these masks gluing things to walls. At first I thought it was a Bloody Beetroots fan club. 

After they had left, it looked like propaganda. I visited the website and had it translated by Google. It seems like it's an antigovernment/proanarchy organization that, ironically, is against organizations. They do have a neat little mascot called Babau the 
monster, however.



No comments:

My photo
Detroit, MI, United States
I don't blog that much.