joevichich.blogspot.com

Monday, June 22, 2009

Getting momentum

So rather than find a material that's out there, I'm going to choose one that I want allowing for a new material. There are things made from sails, truck covers, leather scraps. What am I going to use? It depends on who I'm designing for.

I'm going to try and do a yin and yang thing using the two sides of a city. Crumbling brick and mortar with shiny steel. Glass shards and mirrored windows. Urban decay vs sleek and modern.
What do we think? Too played out already? I'm looking to have either two bags for one person or one bag with "split personalities." Think the GM Renaissance Center vs the abandoned Detroit train depot.

In other news, my friend Geof turned me on to this Behance art and design portfolio thing.
Check this guy out: Make Something Cool Everyday. Very inspiring.

No comments:

My photo
Detroit, MI, United States
I don't blog that much.